The Unimog 2150L38 has an 4 point subframe. In the front and at the end it can turn and in the middle it is resting on 2 points. We used for our subframe standard profil 120 x 80 x 6 mm steel.
The 2150L38 chassis layout is strait forward. From left to right you see the red parts. Cabinesupports, 1ste pivot point, 2 fixed unit supports and the last pivot point.
These pivot points allow the chassis to twist without the chassis being bothered by this. The advantage of this is that the chassis does not twist, but since the unit is not fixated on the chassis, the chassis retains its mobility. This is a big plus in the field.
We bought a used subframe (greenparts) and used this as a base to construct our one.
Check out our Torsion test
- Building Unimog 2150 Motorhome Version 1.0
- Unimog 2150L details
- Unimog interieur
- Toilet, zwart water tank en klep
- Kantellen Unimog kabine
- Verwarming Unimog en opbouw
- Warm water & Heatingsystem
- Doorwading diepte Unimog 2150 en 2450
- Base unit
- banden 14.00R20 Continental
- Dornier, Zeppelin or GFK unit
- Doorgang met Faltenbach
- Unimog stroom solar 230V 24V expedition
- Landrover Defender 300TDI
- Buying our Unimog
- Digitale zooi